The terrace club
Mixology is catching on in the wedding scene, and it’s getting very creative. Couples are seeing the bar as a way to get their guests excited, mingling, and laughing, and the only way to do that is to offer them a festive drink for the festive occasion!
Signature drinks are often seen at weddings. Usually it’s a “Hers” and a “His” cocktail, inspired by the bride and groom’s personal favorites. But let’s spice it up a bit, shall we? Why just go for the usual? It’s your wedding day! Get creative when it comes to the drinks! This is one part of the wedding that lasts all night, and the guests continue to come back for more (free refills! Why not?!).
Now, we live in the greater Austin area, which means that we are saturated with some of the best dive bars and mixologists around. Don’t settle for the typical margarita or moscow mule…go for the prickly pear margarita or the cranberry moscow mule!
Here are things to think about while choosing a signature cocktail:
1. Think about the season that you’re getting married in. What fruits are in season? If your getting married in summer, trying incorporating peaches and watermelon. Or winter? Go grab some cranberries and pomegranates. Hop on over here to see what fruits come in during your wedding month!
2. What are your wedding colors? Base the drink off your color scheme so your drinks support your wedding theme. Have blush in your colors? Try a grapefruit or pomegranate cocktail! Or maybe your guys are wearing blue…what about a blueberry gin fizz? Throw in some blackberries! Those put off a beautiful color in drinks.
3. What is your favorite liquor or alcohol? Gin? Tequila? Bourbon? Do you just absolutely love St. Germaine? Go research (helloooo, Pinterest!) some fun, interesting drinks that have those certain ingredients in the recipes. The whole point of having a “His” and “Hers” drinks is that you (the bride and groom) love them!
4. Get good bartenders! If you are spending this much time hand picking your drinks, make sure you have seasoned bartenders that know what they are doing behind the bar. You could have incredible drinks, but you won’t be the ones making them…the bartenders you hire will be. So make sure you don’t spend all this time creating great cocktails only to hand them off to so-so bartenders. Believe me, it matters. Need bartenders? Check out She + Him Bartending!
5. Have fun with it! Have a tasting night with each other. Find recipes, create them together, and talk about which ones you like and which ones you could pass on. Who doesn’t want to do that?!
Need inspiration? Take a look at our Pinterest board here for Signature Cocktails!
Hope this helps! Create on 🙂