As a newly engaged couple, it can be hard to figure out how to even begin planning your wedding. Where to start? How do you know if you’re making the right decisions? How to budget everything out? These can all be some of the most stressful questions of the wedding process. Thankfully, there are some major tips to help get you through it without wanting to pull your hair out or need 10 mimosas.
Top 5 Do’s:
1. Choose the right wedding venue for you and your fianceé. This is probably one of the most important decisions of the wedding planning process. Let wherever you choose, speak to you in a way that no other place can. Once you know, you know. After you checked off the most important thing on your list, all your vendors and add-on’s should be able to come together smoothly.
2. You’ll know what’s the perfect fit for you as a couple. Don’t let parents/friends/others sway you away from your true vision. Even though they’re opinion is important, ultimately it’s your day. This is your dream and in the end follow whatever makes your heart happy.
3. Budget out all your expenses, even the littlest of details (ex. bridesmaids gifts, invitations, stamps etc.). You don’t want to get half way through your vendors and then run out of funds to include everything you wanted. Get quotes, talk to multiple people, find the best deals without having to sacrifice too much.
4. Build a guest list and stick to it. It can become hard to narrow it down, but remember you or your family is paying for this party so not everyone can make the cut. In the end you need the important people invited to share your special day with you and your love.
5. Enjoy yourself. This should be the one of the happiest, most memorable times of your life. Be happy and remember why you’re doing this. Remember the love you have will always conquer any obstacle.
Top 5 Don’ts:
1. Don’t let people highjack your guest list. Back to the budget thing, you’re guest list is who you want at your wedding. Don’t be afraid to let people know that they were invited specifically cause you want them there and not to just bring whomever with them. Each additional guests can really add up.
2. Don’t be afraid to express yourself. If you don’t like something or it’s not exactly how it was supposed to turn out, then say your peace. Your whole wedding is to show your family your love and your vision of how the rest of your life is going to be. Don’t be scared to let people know how you feel or shy away from your opinions.
3. Don’t make unnecessary last minute changes. You and the professionals you’ve chosen have gotten everything prepared for the way you envisioned it originally. It’ll cause unnecessary stress for you and everyone involved to make wild, drastic changes the week of your wedding. Trust me, you don’t want the headache.
4. Don’t cut costs in certain areas that can really affect the way your wedding will end up going. Such as choosing the right photographer, those photos are forever or choosing the best DJ/Band for you and your guests. Make a list of the vendors that you need by priority/importance and start from there. The little details can always come later.
5. Don’t let your wedding consume your whole life. Take a couple days a week to not worry or plan. Sometimes you just need to relax and be stress-free from this overwhelming process. Everything will work out exactly how it’s supposed to and in the end you’ll still end up with the love of your life.